FordExcursions.com Forums

Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Powerstroke Excursions
Anyone have experience with the ART Turbo housing?
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 645
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
Scott Coats
• Ft. Lauderdale, FL, USA
• Registered on 1/8/2003
• 84 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:7/11/2003 13:55
I just ordered one from Diesel Innovations (very helpful folks) and will have my mechanic install it next week with the stock wheel (per ATS's suggestion). Anyone using this housing?

I am trying to get rid of the full throttle stutter...they suggested the wheel was cavitating and that the new housing will solve the problem.

Anyone using the Big Head Actuator? I thought about installing that at the same time, but the guys at Diesel Innovations said to wait and try the housing first.

What's your experience?

By the way, the new SCMT with the 110 HP setting is shipping...

Scott

2001 PSD Excursion, 4" Lift, 315's on 17" Weld Evo Velocity-8 chrome wheels, 315-75-17 BFG AT/KO's, SS Westin Tube Steps, 2200 watt sound system, full pillar gauges, AFE Air Raid, DiabloSport Revolution experimental custom EEC chip (120HP) tune, 4" exhaust, clear turn/head lamps, safety brake light, oversize wipers, 2003 SuperDuty turn signal/heated power towing mirrors, billet grill, limo tint, ProComp steering stabilizer and shocks, the list goes on...
edited 7/15/2003 15:20
Dan Nguyen
• Yuba City, CA, USA
• Registered on 11/13/2001
• 22 posts
2 Vehicles
Posted:7/12/2003 00:30
Did you mean the ATS housing ? If so, I have friends who run this housing and they say it eliminates the turbo stalls. I personally run just the compressor wheel upgrade only and no longer experience stalls when pulling hard in the 60 hp mode. I 've yet to try it under the 80 hp mode and pulling 8000lbs so can't say. The compressor wheel is a cheaper upgrade if you install it yourself, otherwise a good shop will charge about 3 hrs labor @ 60/hr since it requires removing the turbo to do it properly. The ATS housing does not require turbo removal so can be done in lesser time but is more costly in parts
Dan
Scott Coats
• Ft. Lauderdale, FL, USA
• Registered on 1/8/2003
• 84 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:7/15/2003 06:01
Yup. ATS, not ART. Too many acronyms.

Getting it installed on Saturday. I'll let you know.

Scott

2001 PSD Excursion, 4" Lift, 315's on 17" Weld Evo Velocity-8 chrome wheels, 315-75-17 BFG AT/KO's, SS Westin Tube Steps, 2200 watt sound system, full pillar gauges, AFE Air Raid, DiabloSport Revolution experimental custom EEC chip (120HP) tune, 4" exhaust, clear turn/head lamps, safety brake light, oversize wipers, 2003 SuperDuty turn signal/heated power towing mirrors, billet grill, limo tint, ProComp steering stabilizer and shocks, the list goes on...
Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Powerstroke Excursions
Anyone have experience with the ART Turbo housing?
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 3   |   Total Views: 645
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog