FordExcursions.com Forums

Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Powerstroke Excursions
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 4   |   Total Posts: 5   |   Total Views: 599
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
Ron McCormick
• Tucson, AZ, USA
• Registered on 7/15/2003
• 16 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:7/26/2003 09:49
Hello Folks: Been visiting this site for a few few weeks now and just wanted to say thanks to all those with some great insights pertaining to improving one's excursion. I own a 2001 7.3 Limited and have followed many of the recommendations. Updates since ownership in Jan., Rancho's 9000's, Helwig Rear Anti-Sway (horrible, horrible directions), Panasonic DVD with XM, the best. Guages with a Driver-side Pod, Open Air filter and The Hog Stainless 4 inch exhaust. She's a pretty acorn color and awaiting a chip bigtime. Have tried several TS Performance chips, and have had no luck, computer shut down each time. Deciding if I should just go the new tuner route versus the piggy back flip chip, any suggestions are always appreciated. Thanks again for all your knowlege, new to this diesel deals, converted Suburban owner although I still got my old 95 parked side by side. Excursion outperforms it bigtime, but it still doesn't handle nearly as well. Working on that though and following many of your suggestions. Thanks again, just wanted to say hello from sunny Tucson Arizona.
Logix
• San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
• Registered on 6/11/2003
• 19 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:7/28/2003 14:00
Welcome to the group.

How do you like the Ranchos?

2001 Excursion Limited 7.3 ltr Turbo PSD, 4X4

1986 F-250 Extended-Cab 6.9 ltr Diesel, 2X4

• 0 posts
Posted:7/28/2003 17:07
Hey welcome. I am up in PHX, and I recently visited the grand canyon. My wife and I counted 15 excursions at the canyon parking area. There are tons of Ex's out here, and plenty of steep hills to pass people on. Gotta love the diesel,
Ron McCormick
• Tucson, AZ, USA
• Registered on 7/15/2003
• 16 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:7/28/2003 22:21
Quote:
Welcome to the group.

How do you like the Ranchos?

Like them thus far, but really haven't tested them all that much. Easiest shock change I've ever done. I'ld do as i did though, and install the helwig at the same time, since your getting dirty anyhow.

Texas4x4
• Tyler, TX, USA
• Registered on 7/25/2003
• 289 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:7/29/2003 13:25
Quote:
Deciding if I should just go the new tuner route versus the piggy back flip chip, any suggestions are always appreciated.

Hi Ron! Welcome!!

I'm a new V10 owner BUT I traded in a F250SD with the 7.3L Powersmoke on it. I had installed a BullyDog Flip switch setup in the SD and was very happy with it. I was able to dial between approximate power boosts over stock of 50HP, 75HP, and 125HP, respectively. I kept it at its highest setting for everyday driving but dropped it to 50HP of boost when towing. The biggest difference while towing, even at that low setting, is that the 4R100 didn't have to downshift - even going up fairly steep grades. The turbo winded up more, however. The best thing you could have done was to get the gauge pod which, hopefully, contains the Pyrometer, Tranny temp, and Boost.

During everyday and normal non-towing driving, I realized a MPG increase of about 2. I would highly recommend it.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Kevin Curry
Staff Writer: www.ROCKCRAWLER.com
kevin@texas4x4.com
http://www.texas4x4.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
edited 7/30/2003 09:59
Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Powerstroke Excursions
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 4   |   Total Posts: 5   |   Total Views: 599
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog