FordExcursions.com Forums

Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Excursion Discussion
DVD 6 CD Player - Aux Input
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 1276
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
Michael Cullen
• Torrance, CA, USA
• Registered on 7/28/2003
• 9 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:8/16/2003 11:40
I'm willing to bet this question has already been answered but I can't find the answer. I have a '03 with the DVD player option. I would like to be able to hook up my XM Radio/MP3 player to the audio system. I have looked at some of the wiring harnesses but they seem only work with the single CD players (using the audio input of the CD changer). Since I have the 6 CD player, I don't think I have such an option. Short of an FM modulator or the AUX input on the DVD player, are there any options?

Thanks
Michael
Boar-Ral
• Edmonton, XX, Canada
• Registered on 8/20/2003
• 56 posts
Posted:8/26/2003 20:51
Quote:
I'm willing to bet this question has already been answered but I can't find the answer. I have a '03 with the DVD player option. I would like to be able to hook up my XM Radio/MP3 player to the audio system. I have looked at some of the wiring harnesses but they seem only work with the single CD players (using the audio input of the CD changer). Since I have the 6 CD player, I don't think I have such an option. Short of an FM modulator or the AUX input on the DVD player, are there any options?

I contacted PIE three days ago, asking them if they manufacture an auxiliary input for the Ford in-dash six-disc changer in the Ford Excursion. They indicated to me that they do not, but they do have one in the design stages and they hope to have it released soon. At the moment, I have resigned myself to using FM modulation until PIE releases the adapter.

A local car audio shop has also recommended I investigate Soundgate. They also manufacture these devices.
Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Excursion Discussion
DVD 6 CD Player - Aux Input
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 1276
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog