FordExcursions.com Forums

Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Powerstroke Excursions
Coolant
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 5   |   Total Views: 1450
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
Michael Gail
• Sierra Madre, CA, USA
• Registered on 5/1/2003
• 138 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:9/11/2006 21:36
I just noticed that my coolant level is a little low. Not bad but an inch or so. My question is where do you get the "gold" VC-7 coolant? I went to Ford and they had it but wanted $13 and some change for one gallon. I then went to Pep Boys and also Auto Zone and neither one carried [or knew it even existed] the one for Diesel engines. The computer at Auto Zone says you can mix the green with the gold. Hmmmm. The guys at the Ford dealership said not to do that. So, who carries the gold stuff???

Mike
'02 EX, Limited, 4X4 , PSD, Nitto, Terra Grapplers 295/16, K&N Air Filter, Billet Grill, Hidden Hitch. Magnaflow SS Exhaust system with 3.5" downpipe, 4" main and 5" tip. Banks Six-Gun Power Module, Banks TransCommand.
CHPMustang
• Plano, TX, USA
• Registered on 7/24/2002
• 1,800 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:9/12/2006 08:04
Stick with straight up Gold coolant Mike and nothing else.
WSS-M97B51–A1 is the Ford Specification that is required for Gold/yellow coolant that will be fine for our 7.3L PowerStrokes.

Here's a couple coolant brands that are Ford Spec which can be located at Pep Boys and other chains.

Zerex G-05
Peak Global Lifetime

Bill
2002 Excursion XLT-P 4x4 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel

Michael Gail
• Sierra Madre, CA, USA
• Registered on 5/1/2003
• 138 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:9/12/2006 13:15
Ah, great. I just called my favorite Pep Boys [different store from the one I went to yesterday] and they have the Zerex G-05 for about $11 and some change. I'll go there tonight.
Thanks Bill.

Mike
'02 EX, Limited, 4X4 , PSD, Nitto, Terra Grapplers 295/16, K&N Air Filter, Billet Grill, Hidden Hitch. Magnaflow SS Exhaust system with 3.5" downpipe, 4" main and 5" tip. Banks Six-Gun Power Module, Banks TransCommand.
CHPMustang
• Plano, TX, USA
• Registered on 7/24/2002
• 1,800 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:9/12/2006 16:04
Okee doke Mike glad to help

If I recall the G-05 needs to be 50/50'd with distilled water

Bill
2002 Excursion XLT-P 4x4 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel

ROBERTH
• Raleigh, NC, USA
• Registered on 3/23/2003
• 62 posts
Posted:9/26/2008 15:18
Hey folks, it is nearing time to change my Antifreeze this fall. I have the Yellow color and since Motorcraft is only a couple of buck more than the Valvoline, I guess I will just go and get the ford brand.

In order to change my fluid, now after 5 years, what is the best way to do it. I don't want to flush since I don't want the tap water in the system. The current condition of my antifreeze is clear yellow and in great shape, so don't see a need to flush.

How about if I drain all I can, then refill and run it until it is warm and thermostat is open and circulating for a bit, then drain and refill again.

Maybe go through a couple of gallons this way to refresh the system with new fluid mix.

Assume that this would be less impact to the system and not introduce any contaminants to system.
Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Powerstroke Excursions
Coolant
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 5   |   Total Views: 1450
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog