SuperFord.org Forums

SFO Forums > Site-Related Forums > SFO News and Feedback
FREE MEMBER UPLOADS BROKE?
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 6   |   Total Posts: 13   |   Total Views: 3463
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1 2
4XPepe
• Diamond Lake area, WA, USA
• Registered on 7/4/2002
• 19 posts
10 Vehicles
Posted:6/9/2003 13:41
Hello SuperFord!
Let's start this out on a positive note...
I have been a free member for sometime now and greatly appreciate the image hosting service SuperFord.ORG provides!
I also got the recent notice of the elimination of the free e-mail accounts. This is a fully understandable decision on SFO's part. I have disabled my free mail account and sent out proper notifications as directed by the notification e-mail. Again, I am very thankfull for that service while it lasted.

Now on to the MEAT...

Since 12AM PST last night and all day from 3 different networks w/3 different PC's I have been totally unable to upload pics to my pic folders. Many members of FULLSIZEBRONCO.COM also appear to be having the same issue.

I came here to see if there was any news on this, but have found nothing.

So I'm wondering if you guys are aware of this problem?
Is there an ETA for the ability to return?

...and what scares the most of us... did we lose this FREE Account feature along with the loss of FREE Account E-Mails?

PLEASE SFO, say it ain't so!

Once again Team SFO, thanks for the service... YOU GUYS ROCK!

Sometimes you are the Windshield... Sometimes you are the BuG!!!
E. Long  Club OwnerSuperMotors Owner
Subscriber
Subscriber since 1/1/2001
• Atlanta, GA, USA
• Registered on 1/23/2001
• 2,229 posts
10 Vehicles
Posted:6/9/2003 15:47
Quote:
Since 12AM PST last night and all day from 3 different networks w/3 different PC's I have been totally unable to upload pics to my pic folders. Many members of FULLSIZEBRONCO.COM also appear to be having the same issue.

So I'm wondering if you guys are aware of this problem?
Is there an ETA for the ability to return?

Thank you for bringing it to our attention -- didn't know this was broken. Clearly this is an error and not a result of our removing the free service. We'll have it fixed ASAP.

-Eric

'67 Galaxie 500 - 390 FE, .030" over, FE to AOD adapter, disc brake conversion. The Daily Driver.
'00 Excursion - 7.3L PSD, LANDYOT Gen-II Radius Rods, Factory Tech Valve Body, 200K+ miles and going
Subscriber
• Atlanta, GA, USA
• 2,229 posts
10 Vehicles
Posted:6/9/2003 15:54
Just fixed the problem. If you care to know what it was, we upgraded to a new version of PHP last night and apparently it was not agreeing with some of the file-posting code we have written. After downgrading to the previous version, everything seems to be back to normal.

-Eric

'67 Galaxie 500 - 390 FE, .030" over, FE to AOD adapter, disc brake conversion. The Daily Driver.
'00 Excursion - 7.3L PSD, LANDYOT Gen-II Radius Rods, Factory Tech Valve Body, 200K+ miles and going
4XPepe
• Diamond Lake area, WA, USA
• Registered on 7/4/2002
• 19 posts
10 Vehicles
Posted:6/9/2003 16:25
Well thank you for the response and immediate action.
I have personally verified the UPLOADS ARE WORKING now!!!

Again... another word of THANKS from all of us taking advantage of your free services! I think I can speak for most everyone on FULLSIZEBRONCO.COM when I say... SFO ROCKS!!!

Sometimes you are the Windshield... Sometimes you are the BuG!!!
Kevin Lackey
• Hackensack, NJ, USA
• Registered on 6/4/2003
• 2 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:7/1/2003 09:29
I know you all said it's working, but I can't view my images.
Subscriber
• Atlanta, GA, USA
• 2,229 posts
10 Vehicles
Posted:7/1/2003 09:53
Quote:
I know you all said it's working, but I can't view my images.

Where can't you view your images?

They are working fine: http://www.superford.org/registry/vehicles/showmedia.php?id=70209

Please provide a URL that it's not working for you on. Perhaps they are being incorrectly embedded?

-Eric

Kevin Lackey
• Hackensack, NJ, USA
• Registered on 6/4/2003
• 2 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:7/2/2003 08:20
Wierd - When I clicked on the link you provided, I could only view the "empty red x". Why can you see it, but I can't?

Also, I tried to select that my username gets displayed, not my real name, but I can't change that either.

Thanks Eric.
Subscriber
• Atlanta, GA, USA
• 2,229 posts
10 Vehicles
Posted:7/2/2003 10:03
Quote:
Wierd - When I clicked on the link you provided, I could only view the "empty red x". Why can you see it, but I can't?

Also, I tried to select that my username gets displayed, not my real name, but I can't change that either.

Thanks Eric.

Hi Kevin,

The "display name" bug has been fixed. Sorry about that.

With regards to you not being able to see the images -- what web browser are you using and which version is it?

-Eric

BoulderBronco
• Telluride, CO, USA
• Registered on 7/6/2002
• 105 posts
2 Vehicles
Posted:7/3/2003 20:35
Quote:
Just fixed the problem. If you care to know what it was, we upgraded to a new version of PHP last night and apparently it was not agreeing with some of the file-posting code we have written. After downgrading to the previous version, everything seems to be back to normal.

You da man. But I also am still having difficulties. I can't post links to my images. I think maybe the problem is that the image file name is not an image extension (jpeg). The file name has to have an image extension to work as far as I know. Thanks for all your help.

93 Bronco,White/Green

Engine:
351W, 130 amp alternator, AGR High Pressure power steering pump, Custom K&N intakes, BroncoAir YORK on-board-air kit,

Drivetrain:
E4OD tranny, BW 1356 T-Case, 6" Superlift w/radius arms, Superlift Superrunner Steering Kit, D44 TTB front w/ARB, Warn Premium hubs, 4.88 gears, Ford 8.8 rear, custom CV driveshaft front, custom length driveshaft rear, 37" MTR's, BroncoAir Extreme Duty Winch Bumper, Warn M12000 winch,

Other: Lund Moon Visor, Tinted windows, PIAA 90Series fog/driving lights, full size spare, Uniden CB, kick ass stereo, Alpine MP3 head unit, CD/MP3 Changer, Orion amps, Boston 12" subs, MBQuart components.

Future: D60 front w/ custom coils, Sterling 10.25" rear, ARB's and 4.88's, full Bassani Exhaust/Header system, hopefully a supercharger but ya know it's all about the $$$$$$$$$
I am also the owner of BroncoAir

Subscriber
• Atlanta, GA, USA
• 2,229 posts
10 Vehicles
Posted:7/4/2003 11:17
Quote:
Quote:

You da man. But I also am still having difficulties. I can't post links to my images. I think maybe the problem is that the image file name is not an image extension (jpeg). The file name has to have an image extension to work as far as I know. Thanks for all your help.

Image URLs now end with the original filename of the posted file.

Here is an example of what a registry image URL will look like:

http://www.superford.org/getfile.php?id=23237&toggle=fullsize&filename=390.jpg

Let me know if you're now able to embed files.

-Eric

SFO Forums > Site-Related Forums > SFO News and Feedback
FREE MEMBER UPLOADS BROKE?
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 6   |   Total Posts: 13   |   Total Views: 3463
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1 2

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog