SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Bronco, Bronco II
Complete rebuild on 1995 5.8L 351W engine and E4OD transmission
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 1   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 782
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
BroncoBilt
• Seattle, WA, USA
• Registered on 11/26/2014
• 16 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:4/11/2015 08:27
I tore the engine & the transmission apart down to the last nut & bolt. I put it all together last night, and she runs rough. Real rough. (or so I think). It\\\\'s a Frankenstein Engine, though, an ODBII 1996 model, stuck into a 1995 EEC-IV engine harness, with a 5.0L\\\\'s 1995 EEC-IV on it. I was told that since it\\\\'s MAF-based, not speed density, the 5.0\\\\'s MAF sensor would compensate for it being a 5.8L. It has all new dizzy cap + rotor, plugs, wires, oil cooler, temp senders, gaskets, the whole 9. Had the heads done, and the block honed, and new rings...

Took off the 2ndary air stuff (but left TAB/TAD connected) because my heads don\\\\'t have the air ports in them. Have a new Y-pipe that doesn\\\\'t need the smog pump air, so took off the smog pump, it\\\\'s running an idler pulley. The EGR is still on it though.

anyhow, she runs rough, real rough. not blowing smoke or anything, but I\\\\'m not the kind of guy that can listen to an engine and intuitively know what\\\\'s wrong with it.

anybody care to look at this youtube post and tell me what you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u3CcDl-HO4&feature=youtu.be
edited 4/11/2015 08:32
BroncoBilt
• Seattle, WA, USA
• Registered on 11/26/2014
• 16 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:4/11/2015 18:24
I figured it out - for whatever reason (I haven't looked at the EGR solenoid yet), there was vacuum constantly applied to the EGR. I removed that line and plugged it and all my woes went away. The bronco runs GREAT now. it just purrs...
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Bronco, Bronco II
Complete rebuild on 1995 5.8L 351W engine and E4OD transmission
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 1   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 782
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog