SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Bronco, Bronco II
1995 FSB fuel pump and connector testing
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 1   |   Total Posts: 1   |   Total Views: 848
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
deltatom
• Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
• Registered on 3/3/2016
• 3 posts
Posted:3/3/2016 09:06
I had posted this in the incorrect forum. I have a '95 FSB, 40k miles. Garage queen started intermittent fuel pump running. I think my bronco is pissed because I don't drive it enough. I regularly start it and run it in the garage. Lately the fuel pump has been intermittent. The truck has been flawless until recently. I will try to be as complete on my description of condition as possible, so bear with me. A month or so ago I went to start and run truck as usual. The truck cranked but wouldn't start. Checked for spark and good. Checked injectors with noid lights and good there. Injected fuel into throttle body and had combustion. Pulled truck out of garage to check inertia switch and power connector to fuel pump. All I had time to do was quick visual inspection. When I was buttoning up for the evening I turned key in ignition and the truck started. Frustrated because I had no Idea of what I had done to make it run. For the next month I regularly started the truck with no issues. Then recently, the gremlin appeared again. So now I have done the following. I bypassed the fuel pump relay after checking that I had constant power to it. I have jumped terminals A and E under the EEC test cover. I have checked the inertia switch and it has been removed and checked good. My next thought is to check power at connector to fuel pump module by the tank. I would like to know how to be sure that the ground is good to the fuel pump module with dropping the tank. A color code for the connector and any tests to perform would be appreciated. a few years back I replaced the sender unit. Not sure if I replaced the pump. Usually I would if I was going to drop the tank, I just don't remember. If I can verify that all the power and ground is good to the fuel pump connector, I will get a new pump and have it ready. Thanks for any and all help.
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Bronco, Bronco II
1995 FSB fuel pump and connector testing
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 1   |   Total Posts: 1   |   Total Views: 848
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog