SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Bronco, Bronco II
Fuel tank pump and sender mystery
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 1   |   Total Posts: 1   |   Total Views: 570
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
Laurits
• Fort Walton Beach, FL, USA
• Registered on 11/22/2016
• 6 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:3/10/2020 14:37
I recently got my '88 xlt back from a regearing and other things. A couple of days afterward the fuel gauge went crazy and the needle pegged way past the full mark. I finally got around to dropping the tank to install a new pump & sender assy. When I pulled it out I noticed right away that the float arm had no float. So, since I had the tank out I decided to give it a good cleaning, so I vacuumed the final fuel dregs and conducted a search for the float. It wasn't there. I deployed my trusty borescope camera attached to my android tablet but found no pieces or parts of it. It was probably 15 years old so I don't know if the float was made of copper, metal or some sort of plastic. So my question is whether anyone knows how that could occur. I suppose a plastic one could have dissolved somehow, but not if it was copper. Metal can corrode away to where it falls off the arm but there would be debris from it. I'm truly mystified and if anybody has any clues I'd love to hear them.
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Bronco, Bronco II
Fuel tank pump and sender mystery
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 1   |   Total Posts: 1   |   Total Views: 570
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog